Thursday, July 23, 2015

At the BMW MOA Rally

After a quick revisit to the Big Horn County Museum in Hardin I rode the 40 miles to Billings and into Metra Park and the rally site. There was a long registration line, but it moved fast and everything went very smoothly. I parked the bike, locked up my helmet and jacket and began wandering the rally grounds. There are a lot of vendors, particularly tour companies, and I picked up several brochures from them. I attended a couple of seminars - Kate Johnston and her Ultimate Coast to Coast to Coast ride (Key West to Prudhoe Bay and back to Key West) and Jeremy LeBreton of AltRider on adventure riding. The weather has been overcast and it actually rained a bit, although I think that everyone was happy that it wasn't 90 degrees.

Dogs enjoy the rallies, too, especially if they get ice cream.
Check-in at the Quality Inn where I'm staying went smoothly as well. This place is about 5 steps above my usual motel, and I'm enjoying having lots of room, fast internet, and all the amenities. The motel is about 8 miles from the rally site, and there are many bikes in the parking lot. I spoke with a rider at the Super 8 in Hardin this morning and he was staying there for the rally - he didn't book a motel soon enough to get one in Billings. Tomorrow, more rally shopping, seminars, and looking at bikes.

A very nice looking 600cc /2 with a large touring tank



No comments:

Post a Comment